Thursday, July 20, 2006

Garbage - Version 2.0

I remember a fantastic CD by Garbage, called Version 2.0.
It's a memorable collection of noisy yet attractive music I've lost the interest on some months ago. But it reminds me of a fantastic period of my life.
I just found myself with that very CD at hand, and I started mumbling... Version 2.0 and the Internet.

All this started with a Web 2.0 conference held in Frisco in 2004.
Then, a lot of rumors about the need of a new version of the Internet access has started.

Dick spoke about Identity 2.0
Iotum spoke about Voice 2.0
Shawn Conahan spoke about Phone Call 2.0
Then Luca added some hints, speaking about Communication 2.0

There are some very good ideas in the WWW (some are cited here), but a lot of companies, startups, well-known enterprises in every field which somehow is related to Internet and communication technologies, are looking forward to building something 2.0.

My only concern is that a lot of them are going to bring just...

Revenues 2 0.

That could be a technological bubble we have to be scared of.

Sorry for the pun :-)


Technorati Tags: , , ,