Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sitofono at the EADP Paris Congress

We are presenting the Sitòfono product at the EADP Congress, the international conference on Phone Directories and Yellow Pages, held in Paris at the Westin Hotel.

The place is fantastic, luxurious furniture and great staff.
I've taken some pictures, have a look on my Flickr EADP tagset

Sitofono at the EADP CongressJust a note: yesterday we were looking for a good, cheap restaurant. We looked at the Pages Jaunes, the printed version. As an "always connected" person (sort of), I've missed several things:
  • Customer rating: how can I judge the quality of the restaurant? At last, we had to personally check with a stroll to the place
  • Enhanced details: opening hours? Available places? Does it provide vegetarian diet?
  • Promptness: look for the street address in the list of streets, get the map page number, x and y coordinates, look for the street in the square, elaborate directions
  • Check with a phone call: in this case, since I don't speak french I hadn't called but I usually call the restaurant and ask few questions if I cannot get all the information presented above, and eventually I book a table.
What if all this happens in a single web page?


Technorati Tags: , , ,